Silent Sounds COVID-19 safe cleaning protocol
Silent Sounds have run thousands of events and know that safety is of utmost importance in executing an amazing experience. Long before the COVID-19 health crisis, we constantly reviewed our health and safety protocols to ensure our customers received safe and sanitised products.
However, with the risk of COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions ensuring peace of mind of our clients. We want to make sure our clients know our strict cleaning process when equipment is checked in and out of our warehouse. We have examined, refined our processes to ensure hygiene and sanitation systems are implemented before you get your equipment.
- All Silent Sounds equipment is handled either at our Sydney or Melbourne warehouses by a trained staff member
- Staff training focuses on the importance of hygiene, beginning with washing hands and wearing gloves, gloves will be disposed of when necessary in the preparation process
- All of our cleaning and sorting staff are required to thoroughly wash their hands and arms before and after cleaning sessions (20 second hand wash)
- All of our cleaning and sorting staff wash their hands and change protective equipment between each order they process, and apply hand sanitiser between each order
- All of our equipment is returned to our distribution warehouses, where it is unloaded, inspected, counted and sorted by staff wearing sanitary protective gloves
- During inspecting, all surfaces of each product are thoroughly cleaned, paying special attention to areas that are in contact with users. This cleaning is done with antibacterial wipes with a pure ethyl alcohol
- We frequently change the ear protection pieces on the headphones when worn out
- Equipment is then recharged, reprogrammed, repackaged and set aside for a minimum resting period of 72 hours. We use this quarantine method to ensure our equipment is completely clean with 100% certainty. This means that when the equipment is returned to our warehouse, it is inspected and cleaned and would not be reshipped out to another client for at least 72 hours
- All equipment we ship and receive is subject to this rigorous cleaning procedure including headphones, headphone transmitters, audio cables, shipping boxes and any other items we are required to dispatch
- For added peace of mind, we provide a ‘sanitisation pack’ with every event hire. This includes wipes, a disinfectant spray and disposable washcloths. This allows event organisers or headphone users to clean headphones at an event if they wish to
- All staff are regularly trained and updated with guidelines according to the World Health Organisation
- Guidelines and training will be provided for clients remotely who dry hire equipment from us and we assist with ongoing coaching
- At events, in between use of headphones, headphone ear pads, headbands and volume controls will be wiped down to bring the headphones back to a safe sanitised condition in between uses
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions at any time and our professional and dedicated team will be happy to help you plan a safe, clean and smooth event for all to enjoy.